Sunday, November 18, 2007

Raking on the Edge of the Desert

When most people think about yard work, they probably imagine manicuring a neat lawn or raking leaves into a nice, neat pile.

These people have never seen a house in the older parts of Reston. Controlling your yard in this area is like trying to control a small sandbox that is in the middle of a desert. I filled six bags of leaves from the front yard, then turned my attention out back. With the help of a leaf blower and ample work with the rake, I made a massive leaf pile. You could hide a mid-size car in there. I'm kinda afraid to let my son jump into the pile because he might not find his way out. He's a nice kid and we'd hate to lose him.

By the end of the week, the yard will look like I never touched it, so I better take a picture of it now or the moment will be gone forever.

The Day
  • Workout: raking and blowing leaves, lawn mowing; ice skating with Jack at Town Center
  • Music: Gorillaz

No comments: