Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Have a Bud and a Smile

I had to present a demo in a meeting today and one of the people there for the presentation was Bud Spillane, who was the Superintendent of the school system in which I was a student and later a teacher. The cool part is that he knows my mom and was gushing over how good she was at her job. In front of some frightfully important people from my company, he was talking about how she was an amazing school administrator and if I got even a little bit of her talent, I must be an awesome educator.

No pressure.

The Renovation
Walls are painted. Granite is in. They were still here installing the granite when I got home from work this evening. Getting these things done on a snowy day (a clipper system dropped a few inches on us today) is pretty lucky.

Tomorrow: plumbing hookup, electrical work? appliance installs? We are still waiting on one more upper cabinet to arrive, but there is plenty of other stuff to do.

The Day
  • Workout: crunches and push-ups
  • Music: The Wiseguys

2 comments:

Chrltuna said...

Hey Bud, love your blog. I spent most of the night reading. I may have to start one now, but will have to wait until I have a life changing event like a house renovation. I just might call D. Jones. Talk to you later.

reston kid said...

Doug has been great. He isn't perfect, but he is a good fixer and quite reliable.