Monday, October 12, 2009

Music Monday: Ronstadt Isn't Cool, but I Like Her Anyway

When chatting with B-Sizzle (who has introduced me to some great music) recently, I mentioned that I had just picked up some Orbital, White Stripes, and Linda Ronstadt. The first two were fine, but mentioning the third artist clearly caused his esteem for my taste in music to drop precipitously. Oh well, what can I say? I gotta be me.

Blue Bayou: This is my favorite Ronstadt song. This Roy Orbison cover gets into my brain and doesn't get out.

My Funny Valentine: I've always liked her Nelson Riddle big band-y stuff.

Quiereme Mucho: Her Spanish language stuff is lovely. She projects great passion in these songs.

I know she isn't hip, but I dig Ronstadt's voice and any song that really showcases it.

No comments: