Here are the highlights of the better eating routine:
- Start the day with some exercise at least 5 days a week (more on that in a separate entry).
- Eat breakfast every day and have that breakfast be raisin bran or frosted mini wheats (FMW) and a glass of juice 6 days a week.
- Try to snack before lunch (preferably dry FMW, but maybe not). This happens maybe half the time.
- Normal lunch (avoid fries and greasy chips)
- Snack between lunch and dinner (FMW or pretzels or fruit or yogurt, fruit, and granola).
- Normal dinner, but usually no seconds and generally end with a big salad. Cut back on french fries.
- Drink water throughout the day.
- Drink Arnold Palmers (iced tea and lemonade mix) instead of soda when eating out.
- Cut back on dessert after dinner. In the summer, this is usually Fla-Vor-Ice Plus (33% juice and 25 calories each). I need a cold weather option for dessert.
I started this about a year ago and am feeling much healthier. As you might imagine, I violated every one of these just about every day before that for years and years.
If I think of something else I am or am not doing with my diet, I will edit this entry, but the other side of this is the exercising I have been doing. I am a big believer in the demand side of things (burning calories), but the supply side (diet) is important as well.
- Workout: Herndon Turkey Trot 5K Run
- Music: Cake