Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Drywall!

When I came back from my "run" this morning (I have to use quotes on that when I move as slowly as I did today. Honestly, I can still feel the pain from my 5k run on Saturday, so I am not pushing it), I was happy to see a county pickup in the driveway. Inspection went smoothly, so they started hanging drywall. Frankly, our GC was pretty chummy with the inspector, but I am hopeful (and pretty certain) that this is not a bad sign.

Cabinets should start tomorrow, but the big news for me is that it looks like I am going to have to pull up our old hardwood floors so we can save a bunch of money. This is going to be backbreaking work, but at least I have my youth. Wait. No, I don't. I'm a decrepit, old man. This is going to hurt for weeks, but I will save over a grand.

Time to get the ice packs ready.

The Day
  • Workout: nice, slow 3.5 mile "run" to Steeplechase
  • Music: War, Wayne Shorter, William Shatner, Yes, XTC

No comments: