Sunday, January 6, 2008

Friends Are So Cool

I had a really brutal week at work last week. Two stories from work will describe how crappy it was.

First, a former Project Manager of mine who is not known for being particularly touchy-feely was passing by as I was getting some seltzer from a vending machine. She literally stopped and just gave me a hug from the side. Anyone who knows her and hears this is a bit amazed. She can be a bit brusque at times, but she came through for me when I could use some recognition of the crap I was going through.

Second, a really cool friend/co-worker sent me an email:

Something traveling in the wind tells me that you could use some good music to cleanse your mind...

http://youtu.be/mSo76txMsYs

The music helped (Yoav is pretty cool), but the thought helped even more. Having people who care when you are having a tough time is great. Having caring people who know how to help you is absolutely incredible.

The Day
  • Workout: short run
  • Music: Yoav, Squeeze

No comments: