Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mr. Tony Is Back

Mr. Tony is back on the air.

I have never been a big drive-time morning zoo kind of a guy, but a friend of mine from work got me into listening to Tony Kornheiser's show last Spring. I actually listened to it as a podcast through iTunes, so I didn't have to listen to commercials and was able to listen to the entire show. This all came to an end in July when The Tony put the show on hold while he went off to do Monday Night Football.

Tony is smart and fairly funny. He also gets interesting guests and has a crew around him who are a pretty engaging ensemble. Topics range from sports to politics to pop culture to whatever news catches Tony's eye. It's not a morning zoo show. It's not NPR (which is what I usually listen to in the morning.) It's a conversation that is at turns insightful, fun, and interesting.

After a long hiatus, Mr. Tony's show is back on the air. You can listen to it at 3wtradio.com where you can either listen to the stream or subscribe to the podcast. Now I have "Seems Like Old Times" as sung by Diane Keaton in Annie Hall going through my mind. Having Tony back is a good thing. Radio is his element. He's decent on PTI, but is not good on MNF. Radio is his bag and his show really works for me.

The Day
  • Workout: crunches and push-ups
  • Music: The Beatles, Rachmaninoff

No comments: