Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sick for (not of) the Holidays

I didn't mean to take such a long break from the blog, but I have been sick since the first day of my xmas vacation.

During the day, I cough a bit and blow my nose every once in a while and sometimes have a sore throat, but aside from being tired, it generally isn't too bad. Nights stink. Every night is special, but the general story is:
  1. Sleep until 03:00-ish (anywhere from 01:30-03:30.)
  2. Wake up to sneeze, blow nose and/or cough a few dozen times. These sneezing/coughing fits can be loud, so this phase sometimes drives me downstairs so I can clear out my respiratory system in peace.
  3. Lie back down and try to get back to sleep. Some nights the sneezing/coughing fun happens more than once.
  4. Wake up when the kids wake us (around 07:00) and spend 45 minutes clearing out my upper and lower respiratory systems. This is a truly disgusting phase that I will not describe except to say that it is generally messy and noisy.
This has been my experience for the past 11 days and I am sick of it. I am finally motivated to try a Neti Pot or something similar. It is a really odd looking thing (check out the video), but I need relief.

Now to get back into the swing of things. I didn't leave my house much in the past week except to go to the grocery store or the doctor, so it was a pretty uninteresting week. I did, however, get some music about which I will write in the coming days.

The Day

No comments: