Friday, February 1, 2008

Web Stuff: Samorost: Neat Online Game

I'm going to try to get into a rhythm with my posts. To start with, I think Fridays are good for posting web stuff. I have found some fun and/or interesting stuff over the past few years and can share them here once a week.

A few years ago, a friend at work sent me a link to a "game" of sorts. When you open it, it hardly even seems like a game. It looks like some odd work of art or maybe the opening sequence before a game starts. It's subtle, but once you get into the groove, it's really neat. This is not a game with much action. It's all about exploration and persistence and enjoying a rich environment.

samorost was developed by a really talented guy in Prague.

Now there is a sequel that is equally intriguing: samorost 2

These games are really cool, but be careful because they can be addicting.

No comments: