Friday, May 16, 2008

Web Stuff Friday: Google Reader

An uber-hip techie friend from work told me about Google Reader. It's an RSS feed reader that makes it easy to view and manage your subscriptions. As he says, "going to websites is so 1997." With RSS, you can subscribe to all the sites you like, then they come to you. For instance, I have subscribed to Slashdot's feed and now when I go to Google Reader, I can see what the most recent updates are. I use a widget to include a view to my Google Reader on my iGoogle personalized homepage.

Drunk Darth Vader video Geeks on film are always fun. My favorite quote: "Hughes claimed he couldn't remember the incident, having drunk the better part of a 2 1/2-gallon (10-liter) box of wine beforehand." He's no Ghyslain Raza, but the story has its own charm.

No comments: