Monday, September 22, 2008

Music Monday: Girl Kid's Favorite Music

Neither Mrs. Kid nor I are musicians (though Mrs. Kid used to play the french horn) or artistic in any other way. If we want to pass on any artistic anything to our kids, we have to start with helping them appreciate art. All I know is music, so that's what I can help them with.

Here are some of Girl Kid's favorites. The common theme is that they all have choruses that are easy to understand and are fun to sing along with.

Elton John: Bennie and the Jets


Sierra Leone's Refugee All-Stars: Living Like a Refugee
You have not lived until you have heard a 3 1/2 year-old girl singing "Living like a refugee...It's not easy"


Jack Johnson: Staple It Together


I'm not naive enough to think I can avoid Girl Kid becoming infected by teeny-bopper music, but for now her taste in music is bearable.

No comments: