Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tracking Obama's Progress

The St. Petersburg Times has a site called PolitiFact. It has two things I think are very interesting.

The Truth-O-Meter helps sort out fact from fiction. I love this sort of thing. Whenever a politician speaks, I start thinking about how truthful they are being. Now I have a place to go that will help me sort it all out.

Obameter
tracks how Obama is doing on his campaign promises. Note that this is not about his positions. It's about his actionable promises. I'm not looking for 100% conformance, but will be interested to see how the picture evolves.

On a side note: One of my favorite quotes from Obama's inauguration speech:
We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus and Non-Believers.
Being inclusive is quite laudible. I wish he hadn't chosen Rick Warren to provide the invocation, but this quote is still a nice one.

No comments: