Friday, January 16, 2009

Web Stuff Friday: Oblique Whopper Validation

Random Strategies is based on a Brian Eno project called Oblique Strategies. If you have a creative process that is at a roadblock, the idea is that these strategies could help the process move forward. In its original format, the aphorisms were printed on little cards, but this online version is more practical. There is a similar app for the iPhone.

Whopper Sacrifice is quite possibly the greatest Facebook application ever. Now to friend a bunch of people I have been ignoring. The only problem is the limit of one coupon per person. What about one coupon per person per month? [update before this post even went out: Facebook has disabled the app, so I am completely dejected. At least I found out before I friended a bunch of folks I can't sacrifice.]

Validation is an award-winning short movie. It's 15 minutes long, but very nicely done. If you cry at Coke commercials (I'm not naming names, but you know who you are), be prepared for this bit of well-done schmaltz.

BTW: This post's title has set a high bar.

No comments: