Monday, February 9, 2009

Music Monday: Interesting Music from B-Sizzle

When I was in college and grad school, I had friends who introduced me to music I had never heard before. Mad Dog, Chris, and Ian were far more musically cool than I could ever be. After grad school, I didn't keep up with great music like I did when I was in school.

Now I'm lucky to work with several really cool people. One thing I like about my co-workers is that they have incredibly diverse, interesting taste in music. Over the past few years, a few co-workers have shared new music with me, so it's like a personal musical renaissance.

Here is the first in an occasional series of posts highlighting interesting music that friends have turned me on to. Today's entries are from a co-worker I will call B-Sizzle ("B" for Baltimore and Brooklyn). He's a print designer and an artist.

Animal Collective
These guys are from Baltimore and they really make good stuff. If you like Cloud Cult, I think you'll like Animal Collective.
Girl Talk
This guy is a DJ who does mash-ups. I love mash-ups. The problem with providing links to his songs is that I try to keep the content on this blog clean and much of the music he samples has some raunchy lyrics. Actually, some of the lyrics are downright obscene and absolutely rated X. Still, I like the music because he makes interesting mixes and segues.

No comments: