Monday, May 16, 2011

Music Monday: YouTube Trip: from France to Home

YouTube can help you discover new music. This isn't news, but I want to make a concerted effort to document some musical journeys I take courtesy of the popular video site. After the first song, I found each subsequent song from the list of Suggestions for the previous song.

Camera Obscura: French Navy
This is a nice, jaunty tune to start the journey.

St. Vincent: Marrow
Interesting video. I like the music. Annie Clark (her real name) rocks.

tUnE yArDs: Bizness
Wow, I like Merrill Garbus. She is one talented woman.

Mumford and Sons: Little Lion Man
Maybe you only heard of these guys when they were nominated for a couple Grammies last year. If you are into the Folk Rock thing, or want to hear what it's like, this is a good song for you.

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros: Home
This song is a good place to end our journey.

No comments: