Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Watching Weight: Supply and Demand

A bunch of women at the office are doing Weight Watchers. I am impressed by their willingness and ability to allow such structure to guide their daily eating habits. I could never do it.

Over the past year and a half or so, I have worked the supply (food) and demand (exercise) sides of my body's metabolism to become healthier than I was. I'm in decent, but not great shape and I have lost about four inches off my waist, but still have a gut. Still, I am healthier than I was a couple years ago and that's a good thing.

Here are some tips culled from WebMD:
If you are trying to lose weight or get into shape, I wish you luck. Big, short-lived change is easy--anyone can lose a few pounds in a couple weeks. Lasting change isn't easy. Keeping weight off and keeping an exercise regimen going are not easy tasks. If you can work the supply and the demand sides of your metabolism, I think you will make a holistic change for better health.

No comments: