Monday, February 15, 2010

Music Monday: Love Vigilantes and More Accordion Music

Love Vigilantes by New Order (the original) versus Iron & Wine (and here is a nice live version)

When driving somewhere with Mrs. Kid, I heard the acoustic version by Iron & White on the radio. I proceeded to sing along with every line and Mrs. Kid was pretty confused. This was clearly a new-ish song and i am not a particularly hip guy. It was a driveway moment for me in that we were on our way somewhere and I wouldn't get out of the car until the song was done. Love this song -- both the original and the remake.

Follow-up on last Monday's post about the accordion-playing kid. I have been reading the Capital Weather Gang blog at WashingtonPost.com. They mentioned that Corey Pesaturo is a weather enthusiast who is also a world-champion accordion player, so I thought I'd check him out. Holy cow, Corey can play that accordion.

Corey's YouTube channel has lots of videos. Here are a few of my favorites.

No comments: