Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ramble: Why I Do This

This blog is certainly a great exercise for myself, as well as a way of sharing with however few people read it. But another reason I write this blog is so that Boy Kid and Girl Kid can read it and have a feel for who I was in this time of my life. If I get hit by a bus tomorrow, how would they know who I was? Mrs. Kid could try to explain and other family members and friends could try as well, but I want a direct avenue and this blog is it.

Some people address this need by writing a memoir. I have no interest in delving into my past. As The Hours say in Ali in the Jungle:
... it's, not, where you're from, it's where you're at, ...
...it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now,
What are you doing, now?
Amen. This makes my blog very self-serving, but I'm OK with that.

No comments: