Friday, June 19, 2020

Metablog: Why?

So, as the blog has clearly awakened after a long hiatus, two reasonable questions could come to mind:

Question 1: Why now?
There is a lot going on in the world, and I've been meaning to capture my ideas. Plus, I've always kept my political ideas out of my social media because I've been risk averse and worried that a google-able trail might concern a future employer. Now that I'm a crotchety old man, I figure that if these ideas bother you, then I don't want to work for you. 

Question 2: Why blog? Why not just post stuff on Facebook?
I'm not a great writer, so I need to be able to review and edit and tweak. I also need screen real estate, and to be able to save drafts. Once I have written up something that is somewhat coherent, I like being able to find my old posts so I can farm them for links and quotes. Facebook is a crappy content repository.

This probably won't last long, but it'll be fun (for me) while it does.

No comments: