Monday, March 3, 2008

Music Monday: Cheesy Ukulele All Stars

I love when a musical artist covers a song in a different mode than the original. Weird Al is great, but I am talking about the complete opposite. Al keeps the music the same, but changes the lyrics. I prefer keeping the lyrics the same and changing the style of the music. Richard Cheese and Easy Star All Stars have been favorites of mine for a while, but I recently found Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. Here are descriptions of their shticks and a video for each.

Richard Cheese: He does pop songs in a cheesy, Vegas lounge lizard mode. One of the fun parts is that you can actually hear the lyrics clearly. He is really funny. I have a few of his albums.

Baby Got Back


Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain: Needless to say, it's all about the ukes. They do some really creative, fun stuff. Other songs include a fun medley and the theme to Shaft.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly


Easy Star All-Stars: This is dub style reggae version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. It syncs up with the original (and thus with The Wizard of Oz) perfectly.

Money


Note: My sister passed away today after a long battle with cancer. I will write about Marla at some point this week, but don't want to rush some junk out there.

The Day
  • Workout: crunches and push-ups
  • Music: Led Zep

No comments: